AREA COVERED BY OUR TWO PLANT FACILITIES
The two plant facilities in Ovaro cover a total area of over 3,300 sqm.
Design and construction of precision moulds for eyewear and/or other sectors: forming, blanking, bending, crowning, boring, threading, milling also the continuous 5-axis type, hammering, tumbling, wheel polishing, etc. Apart from the eyewear sector, we are also able to produce moulds, equipment and metal components for other industries (medical, watches).
To support our manufacturing activities, we have set up a workshop in-house which builds moulds and tools and is equipped with a range of different machinery including:
- no. 4 x 2D and 3D design stations, no. 4 x 3-axis CAM stations and no. 2 x 5-axis CAM stations;
- no. 3 x 3-axis mould milling work centres;
- no. 4 x continuous 5-axis work centres, for the milling and re-milling of small parts;
- no. 6 EDM machines;
- over 50 hydraulic and mechanical presses ranging from 10 Tons to 400 Tons;
- over 30 turbo and vibrating wet tumblers ranging from 10 litres to 600 litres;
- various heat-treatment furnaces for moulds and an annealing furnace for small nickel silver parts;
- swaging machines, and a sufficient number of other general production and tooling machines.
Quality control procedures inside the company also foresee the use of a 5 x and 10 x profile projector with a diameter of 400 mm, microscopes to check finished surfaces and a variety of other measuring instruments (HRC and HV durometers) etc.
We are currently implementing substantial investments in a range of new machinery aimed at boosting manufacturing capacity and improving quality even further.